HOMEABOUTARTICLESVIDEOSLINKSSUPPORT USCONTACT US

January 17, 2011

PRAYER OF SALVATION

Below is only one of the many examples of a prayer of salvation. It is usually best to pray by yourself with a sincere heart instead of repeating it, or without reading.  At first, most people need help understanding the basic of salvation before praying on their own. Only God can see the true intention of your heart; after all, if He knows the number of hairs on your head, He knows everything. One of His awesome attribute is omniscence (all knowing). Be honest with yourself and with Him.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob offers us ONE all-sufficient solution--His answer to all the problems that have plagued mankind from the beginning. That solution is the exchange that took place on the stake some 2,000 years ago at Galgotha in Jerusalem. The most complete account of this accomplishment was given through the prophet Isaiah 700 years before it actually took place, in Isaiah chapter 53. This account was fulfilled and told in the four gospels of the New Covenant. This is the same new covenant that was promised through the prophet Jeremiah in chapter 31, verse 31.

Why do we need to be saved? Because all of us are born with a sinful, selfish and rebellious nature. If you say you do not need to be saved because you are a good person, you are lying to yourself. We cannot save ourselves through our own effort. We have failed many times. You only have to pay attention to world news to know there is something corrupt about human beings. We need a greater power beyond ourselves to obtain salvation. No matter how good you try to be, you will still come up short of God's standard of holiness. Therefore, God offers us a perfect solution through Yeshua, who is perfect and without sin. God, the all-powerful and all-knowing being in the universe, in His mercy, planned all this.

For those who say, "There is no God," God only has one thing to say to them... they are fools! Even a small child can see that the universe in all its wonders has an almighty Creator.  Who was Yeshua? Simply, He was God incarnate in the human flesh. He was born of a virgin. He came from Heaven to earth to dwell among humans. He has the power to heal, to perform miracles, to change substance, to multiply food, to command the weather... in effect, He demonstrated powers beyond the ability of ANY man in this world since the beginning of history. The most important thing He did for us was to overcome the power of death and to promise the same to anyone who believe in Him.  He is the firstfruits of those who have been resurrected.

Yeshua was punished that we might be forgiven.
Yeshua was wounded that we might be healed.
Yeshua died our death that we might share His life.
Yeshua became poor that we might share His riches.
Yeshua bore our shame that we might share His glory.
Yeshua became a curse that we might receive His blessings.
Yeshua bore our sins that we might become righteous with His righteousness.
Yeshua endured our rejection that we might have His acceptance as children of God.

The word salvation is from the Greek root, sozo, which means to be saved not only from forgiveness of sins but healing from illnesses, demon possessions, or even death as are told in the four gospels. Salvation includes the total human personality: spirit, soul, mind and body.

John 3:3: I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

Roman 5:6-8, 10:9: I Confess with your mouth, "Yeshua is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved."

Adonai (Lord), Elohim (God) of Israel, thank you for sending your beloved Son to die for me. I know that without Him I would be separated from You forever by my sins. I invite Him into my life to be my Savior, my Redeemer, my Messiah, my Lord, my King, my Master and the most important person in my life.

Adonai, God of Israel, I believe now that You are the Son of God and the ONLY way to God; that you died on the stake for my sins and rose again from the dead.

Adonai, God of Israel, I gave up all my rebellion and all my sins, and I submit myself to You as my Lord and Savior.

Adonai, God of Israel, I confess all my sins before You and ask for your forgiveness, for any sins that exposed me to a curse. Free me also from the consequences of my family's sins.

By decision of my free will, I forgive all who have harmed me or wrong me, just as I want God to forgive me. In particular, I forgive... (think of the people you need to forgive.)

I gave up all contact with anything evil, occult, or satanic. If I have any contact objects, I commit myself to destroy them. Any claims that the evil adversary has made on me, I cancel all of them.

Adonai, I believe that on the stake (or the cross), You took on yourself ever curse that could ever come on me. So I ask that you now release me from every curse on my life... in Your name, Messiah Yeshua.

By faith, I now receive my release and I thank You for it. I now open myself to receive Your blessings. I pray in the name above all names, Yeshua, Messiah and Redeemer of Israel.

Messianic prophecies from the Old Testament fulfilled by Yeshua as told in the New Testament:
http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/messianic.htm

No comments: